The iRemix platform is a hosted, cloud-based customizable social learning platform affordably available to schools, institutions, and organizations seeking to safely and securely connect children and adolescents with curriculum, extended learning and mentorship opportunities.
iRemix began with experienced educators, who drew upon classroom and out-of‐school experiences and research demonstrating the predisposition of youth to learn while acquiring beneficial experience with new media tools in a social networking environment. This concept evolved into the iRemix platform, a youth-centered social learning network providing numerous benefits to children and youth, educators, mentors, and their institutional or organizational sponsors.
iRemix is currently in private beta. Please contact us to learn more about how to get access to the platform for your organization.
- iRemix is safe. iRemix networks are private, so only approved users can log in, and personal information or data cannot be publicly viewed. Within the network, activities are moderated and administrators and educators manage passwords and other sensitive information.
- iRemix customizes. Administrators can customize the interface look-and‐feel by changing the color scheme, adding a logo, and adding standard widgets. More technically advanced administrators can implement custom CSS and deploy custom applications and widgets. Remix Learning professional services are available for advanced customization and integration projects.
- iRemix is accessible. Our platform is an affordable solution for any institution or organization that would benefit from a fast, flexible, and private social learning network with scalable storage capacity with no software installation required and accessible through any modern browser.
- iRemix is fun. Youth participate actively in the learning process using iRemix tools and activity templates. They gain the skills and knowledge that will make them proficient and secure in the larger online world.
- iRemix is social. Administrators and educators have a full range of social learning tools they can use to distribute content to their learning community. The community uses the same tools to react to what is presented. This makes iRemix ideal for peer review and for tutoring youth in the art of helpful and effective peer evaluation.
- iRemix adapts to content and context. iRemix works effectively with a wide range of subject matter, from poetry, to math, to digital animation. It also to adapts to context: to in-class and out‐of‐class use, to small groups or large networks, to teaching or mentorship, to classes run by institutions or programs sponsored by organizations.
- iRemix is easy. Youth from ages 9-‐17 can master it using one of several age‐appropriate Getting Started Guides available from iRemix Client Support. Basic network administration – content management and user management – is simple and straightforward and is documented in the iRemix Platform knowledge base.